Captain’s Log: Stardate 10217.3
Last weekend, I picked up Lt. Heald and her friend "Lefty" (who’s a righty – go figure) and we ventured west to Towaco, New Jersey, the home of Captain Ernie Bivona of USS Eagle. Lefty seems to be very interested in joining the crew and does have some sailing experience (Brad: She’s really cute, too.) She’s personable, friendly, eager to learn, but has an annoying habit of pronouncing “Star Trek” like “Star Track.” Oh well. Nobody’s perfect. Laura’s friend Patti (from planet Canada) was unable to make it. I wonder if she’s in the same “imaginary friend” category as “6 of 9”. Laura swears she exists and sleeps with her every night. Normally, I would include some sort of lesbian sex joke here, but I’ll let the crew’s imaginations reach their own conclusions.

The party itself was very successful, with a great turnout. Most of the USS Eagle crew were there as well as the crew from USS Frolic (Carol Senk wore leather pants – oh my!) Also, there were members of USS Hub Bub, Ed Austin of USS Chinook, and Captain Charlie Hurd of USS Excalibur along with his wife. There was food galore and towards the end of the evening, Ernie’s wife showed me all of the 30 year-old Star Trek memorabilia that her son has collected. I was tempted to have Laura distract them while I took what I could to make a small fortune on eBay, but decided against it anyway.

It looks like my mortgage has been approved and I will have new Captain’s quarters within the next couple of months. I’ll keep everyone posted on a get-together / crew party in Westchester Country at the new home.

Also, it seems that Richard has broken all known warp speed records and is buying an apartment with his new girlfriend, Marcy – and there’s already talk of marriage. I think this may have something to do with his 60th birthday and Einstein’s theory that the faster you move through space, the younger you get. Good luck with that one, Richard.

On a final note, we’ll be scheduling some work parties to prep the Enterprise later in April. It is my hope that she will launch in the beginning of May, better than ever.