Captain’s Log: Stardate 10321.6
It’s hard to believe, but America is at war. For those of you that have friends and/or loved ones in the military overseas, we know that what they are doing must be done, that our freedom and safety must be protected amongst certain risks, but we hope that they work swiftly, safely and return home soon.

It’s a truly scary time, and the media is not helping one bit. Between CNN, MSNBC and Fox News, I find myself suffering from information overload. It’s only been a few hours, and although I like being informed, I don’t need video of explosions and people suffering. If I wanted to watch explosions, I’d watch Die Hard on DVD. If I wanted to suffer, I’ll go see Chicago, 8-Mile, or catch an N’Sync concert.

For your own mental health, I urge you to please turn off the news. There’s a difference between being informed and seeing every grisly detail.

I suppose that one of the things that surprises me the most about this conflict is the refusal of the French to get involved as an ally. So, as a protest, I’m asking all members of the Enterprise crew, along with the fans of the Captain’s Log, to boycott French fries, French toast, French dressing and French whores, no matter how tasty they may be. (I won’t go as far as to ask Ensign Patty and MarTune to stop French kissing – even I, as captain, have limits.)

Enough of my political posturing – sailing begins in less than two months! The new bottom paint has arrived and new gear is on the way. I promise this will be a year to remember!