Captain’s Log: Stardate 10534.2
While I await the final surveyor’s report, which is the deciding factor on the Enterprise-B, I must, very briefly, step away from the whole Star Trek theme and move on to something completely different.

Because today, thanks to my sister, I’m going to an advance screening of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. So for today, and today only, it’s not about Kirk and Spock. It’s about Obi-Wan and R2D2. It’s not about Khan and Chang. It’s about Vader and Sidious. Today, I’d trade in my phaser for a light saber. And, for today only, It’s not about the United Federation of Planets. It’s all about the Jedi Knights.

I know Lt. Kurt is very upset about this (he has a real Boba Fettish) on two fronts: First, I didn’t have an extra ticket for him and second; even if I had, his wife would have killed him had he gone without her. Nevertheless, it would have been fun watching him wrestle with this for a while.

I’ll do my best not to ruin the movie for everyone, but I hear that Anakin Skywalker actually becomes Darth Vader. He and his wife Padme have twin children, and get this: one’s named Luke and the other Leia. What are the odds?

And here’s a real spoiler: That Senator Palpatine – well, he’s really a bad, bad man and he becomes the Emperor. The Jedi are pretty much wiped out, except for Obi-Wan who moves to the same world they dump one of the twins (Luke) at. And Yoda survives too, exiled to his home; some swamp world named Dagobah. The imagination that goes into this is amazing.