Captain’s Log: Stardate 10543.8
Last week marked the final voyage of the Starship Enterprise, NCC-1701-A, under my command. That ship, and her history, will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun, and journey to all the Undiscovered Countries, boldly going where no man, or no one, has gone before.

Last night, the crew of the Enterprise stepped aboard Dancin’ Fool, the starship due to be re-commissioned as the third vessel to carry the name Enterprise. After some review of the ship’s inventory and some organization, we left orbit under impulse (and wow, was it quiet) and then, once clear, engaged the warp engines. The ship hummed to life and accelerated past the racing fleet and out of Eastchester Bay to Western Long Island Sound.

It took us all some time to get familiar with the new rig, but in the end, we can see that handling this ship will be easier in many ways. Many, many thanks to the crew for their help in the organization of both above and below decks, along with the removal of non-essential items. Today, the ship is being hauled for a power washing and two to three coats of Micron CSC bottom paint. On Saturday, official Starfleet markings will be applied to the hull, some additional rigging will be added and some further reorganization below decks will be done.

Barring any unforeseeable circumstances, next Wednesday, Stardate 10545.5, shall be the official commissioning and first mission for the Starship Enterprise, NCC-1701-B.



Captain’s Log: Supplemental
I should also add my thanks to the crew for the sentiment and the cake for my birthday. It was a great surprise and I can’t think of any other group I’d rather celebrate with. Granted, this birthday is a scary one – marking my final year of being in my 30’s. Nevertheless, with these great people around me, it should be a year to remember. One last note, though: While I’ve never actually seen the sheet music for the song “Happy Birthday To You,” I’m pretty sure that the melody, as sung by the crew, was not performed correctly. The version I heard was, shall we say, unique. It was still “music to my ears.” Thanks guys.