Captain’s Log: Stardate 10638.9
It was supposed to be a great, great day -- nice winds, sunny skies and a starship waiting for adventure. Saturday morning, Commander Richard and I went over to the Enterprise, turned on main power, and proceeded to fire up the impulse drive.

Not really. After checking all switches, power couplings and trouble-shooting the system, the impulse engine would not start. After some further investigation, we think we have found the cause – the solenoid (which is nothing like a humanoid.)

I grabbed my communicator and tried to turn around those crew that were en route, including the newest member of the Enterprise crew, Yeoman Zoraida. Was really looking forward to meeting her.

We ended up meeting Crewman Jonathan and Lt. Commander Mitch for some work on the Runty Kid II, followed by a trip out to the Enterprise to put the sails up, one of which is the new Quantum headsail.

“Wow,” Mitch said, “it looks really nice. And really fast. We’re running out of excuses.”
“That’s why we have Jonathan.”

We spent a couple of hours rigging and then called it a day. Someone will be out to the ship today to get the engines going and, as of now, Wednesday night is a “go.”

Frustrated, I went home and started reading my email, including one from EBYRA’s secretary about a posting on Sailing Anarchy that appears to be from a board member, airing our race organization business. Though the person’s name isn’t listed, I’m pretty sure I know who the quote came from. For the sake of anonymity, I won’t reveal his name (but he’s nicknamed after an automobile manufacturer that had American defense contracts. Oh yes, and it rhymes with “Peep”.)

Bored, I started looking around at the message boards, getting a good chuckle out of postings like “Espo is a dick” and so on. On a whim, I typed in Enterprise into the search box. Wow.

It started with posting about the worst boat websites after about 15 posts, I found: “Thread over! This guys wins hands down, even of Frank I think: Starship Enterprise” and then followed by “not so fast... www.excalibursailing.com.” Sorry Charlie.

I thought that might be the end of it, but then there was more. “God, I can't wait to see the crew uniforms!!” and then “Kinda funny, but if he has fun with it, what the hell..... At least he sails his boat. Think of all those hulls sitting in your marina that never move, ya know?” followed by “He does more than sail the boat, he's the commodore of his racing group! I'm happy to say that he didn't change the ranks of the rest of the members to align with starfleet. :) I tried my best to find a pic, but to no avail... he's even a decent sailor too!

A decent sailor. That’s nice. I had no idea how popular we all were.

I found more; a quote by someone called ‘Hammerhead’: “No question, the Enterprise site is hilarious and if they win any races it must be because their competition can’t stop laughing.

This started a thread as to who’s beaten us, including a back-and-forth between two boaters, one asking the other if he’s ever beaten the Enterprise. The challenged individual responded with “I’ll let you answer that one.” He replied with “NCC-1701-A Yes, not sure if he has raced against the mighty NCC-1701-B.

Mighty. He used the word “Mighty.” Kewl.

The last post I found was from the same guy; “I really don’t see you beating the new Starship which apparently has Klingons for crew this year. Plus anyone who spells Edd with 2 D's has to be a bad dude!

A bunch of Klingons led by a bad dude on a mighty starship. Should make for an interesting season.