Captain's Log: Stardate 11065.2
With the season slowly winding down, our fight for a cheap silver dish continues. And now, with the news that Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, falls on a Wednesday Night in just two weeks, we now have to face the reality that, at best, we will get only one more throwout.

Or, I could forsake my religion and just go for it. What's that common question? Oh yeah, "WWJD?" In other words: What would Jim (Kirk) Do? Fuck - Kirk is Jewish. So is Spock. Dammit! Oh well. Say it with me now: Baruch Atah Adonai . . .

Besides, I need to stay in the Will.

As for last night's race, I need to slow down a bit at the start. We're approaching the line a few seconds too early on a regular basis now and although we were first over the line, we didn't have that much of a lead over Glory Days and Upchucka that we could tack when needed. Our tacks were fast and close to perfection, thanks to the expert work of Lt. Kenny on the Main, Lt. Ellen on release, Commander Jory on tail and yes, wait for it, wait for it, here it comes, Crewman Luke on grind. I must admit, seeing Luke on the launch last night was like seeing Spock on Planet Genesis. You were used to him being gone, the odds of seeing him again were slim, but you're kinda glad he's back.

That is, if he's really back. The law of averages suggests his next time on board will be mid-season 2014. I'll feel better if he comes next week.

While we ended up taking a third for the evening, missing second by 56 corrected seconds, I must say I was very, very impressed with the crew's abilities, especially in spinnaker handling and maneuvers. Almost gone are the days when we had to instruct each person on what to do next. Now, communication and planning is being orchestrated by everyone involved. I suppose that's a good thing.

Except when something goes wrong now, I'll be the only one to blame. Hmmmm.

The cumulative scoring (I did our division last night - the benefits of volunteering to do scoring) still shows us in third place, but Glory Days is hot on our tail. Hopefully Steve Schwartz is Jewish too. We must do well in our last two races (next week and in three weeks.)