Captain's Log: Stardate 11103.3
Yesterday, I shoveled out my shuttlecraft from 9 inches of snow, all while the 22 inches that hit just a weeks before was still fresh in my mind. The local news stations called both storms "Snowpocalypse." To me, that's an understatement.

I hate snow and I hate cold weather. Sorry, Al Gore. This is global cooling. And it sucks. Maybe I should by some aerosol cans and start spraying towards the ozone layer.

And, to add insult to injury, last week, I took a trip to Chicago for business:



That's not pollution or haze around the Sears Tower and Chicago skyline. It's the physical manifestation of shattered hopes and dreams of the Chicago residents in finding an ounce of warmth before April. As I stepped from the plane onto the jetway at O'Hare, all I could say was "Oh my God!" I wanted to get back on the plane, but I think they were headed to Minneapolis.

If you've never been to Chicago in January, I highly recommend it. A real life changer. Especially if you don't want to see your testicles for a month or two.

Now, New York is better, but not by a whole lot. And, I'm starting to get grumpy about it - a real shift in attitude. The month of March better hurry the fuck up and get here or I may just lose it.

Even when I watch television, I can see my grumpy attitude come through.

Like: Why can't Mythbusters do a show on whether or not cats really have nine lives? Or, wouldn't it be better if Paula Abdul's new show "Live to Dance" was renamed and reformatted to "Dance to Live." Think about it - a dance floor with trap doors leading to a shark tank or lined with explosives. Gives new meaning to a couple getting eliminated. That, I'd watch.

Heck, I'd even TiVo it.

In the end, I'm not going anywhere. My career is here. My family is here. My life is here. But I would be lying if I said I don't have Realtor.com sending me updates on houses for sale in Southwest Florida.

Maybe I need another vacation. Maybe my trip to Vegas in a couple of weeks will calm me down. I guess we'll see.

Bottom line: I need warm air. And, I need to get back on the Enterprise.

And soon, before I snap.