Stardate 11586.8

Captain's Log: Stardate 11586.8
After a fairly simple oil change and winterization of the new Beta 30 impulse drive, the Enterprise has been hauled and is ready for the colder months ahead.


A special thanks to my wife Ellen and Captain Dave for their help in the whole process. Between the preparation, winterization, hauling, power washing and storing, it's one full exhausting day.

In other words, that night, I boldly slept like no man has slept before.

I'm happy to report that there's not a whole lot to be done on board for next year -- everything appears to be in great shape and come April, we'll be ready to slap on some new paint and launch to continue our ongoing mission through the final frontier.

Well, that, and install my new toy, an early 50th (YIKES!) birthday gift from my wife for the Enterprise. I won't spoil the surprise, except to throw out some cool-sounding letter and number combinations like EV200, ACU200, and P70. And, of yeah, look for one of these near the helm next season:


I expect the install to take two or three hours, including the wire runs. And, believe me, once the weather gets warm enough this Spring, I'll drive my car down to City Island faster than a transporter beam. I can't wait -- this will change everything.

So, between now and then, my best wishes for a great Thanksgiving, a joyous holiday and a prosperous new years.

And hang in there through the cold. In just a few months, we'll be back to this: