Stardate 11610.4

Captain's Log: Stardate 11610.4
This year is going to be a tough one. Last night, we had to deal with this:


Then, of course, there's this:


But, holy hell, there's also going to be this:


Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! When did that happen? Wasn't I like in my 30's like yesterday? And, yeah, I know most of my friends are over that, but that was their problem. Yeesh!

Next thing you know, I'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn and buying a bungalow in Florida....


I'll try to keep calm and cling on (or Klingon) to my youth, and what better way to do that than our annual Starship Super Bowl Shindig with my wife and the intrepid crew of the Starship Enterprise (not to be confused with the enterprising crew of the Starship Intrepid - they suck) at our new home on the Ossining/Croton border.

And, by the way, how it got to be our new home all started with last year's Super Bowl Party, after tons of cleaning, vacuuming, garbage-tossing and after my wife painstakingly cleaned the kitchen floor in our Yonkers Co-Op and said, "Hey, we should list this place now." A few months later and a hefty drainage of bank accounts, we are now living in twice the square footage and pleased as punch.

Holy shit. Did I just say "pleased as punch"!? That's an old person's term. I AM turning 50 this year.

Calm down. So what if I'm no longer Original Series Kirk age and now more like Wrath of Khan Kirk age? Kirk kicked ass in Wrath of Khan. I can do this.

Anyway, beaming up to our new home was Captain Dave and his family along with Lt. Kurt, and we had a great time watching a mediocre game filled with mediocre commercials (with the exception of the Doritos Sonogram and a new Captain America: Civil War trailer) and a mediocre half time show (it was really good until Beyonce and Bruno Mars showed up) all while eating enough snacks, pizza and chicken wings that when I burped this morning, my office smelled like Cheetos, mozzarella and buffalo sauce for about an hour.

This is when my wife says, "Ewwwwww. Edd, that's gross! How could you write that in your log?" Ah yes, I know her so well.

Anyway, it was great to see everyone and show off the new digs. Next we'll have my father and the rest of the family up if the schedules ever actually work out.

The best part is that the days are getting longer, Spring is coming, the Enterprise will be prepped and launched, and we'll be back out there. Can't wait.